What to do
Box Lake, Photo: Deb Booth
Kuskanax Bridge through trees, Photo: Craig Pulsifer Photography
approaching Kuskanax Bridge, Photo: Craig Pulsifer Photography
On Kuskanax Bridge, Photo: Craig Pulsifer Photography
Boletus mushroom, Photo: Jozsef Szabo
Nakusp Hot Springs, Photo: Deb Booth
Summit Lake Racers, Photo: Eric Waterfield
Nakusp Beach, Photo: Beth McLeod
Nakusp Museum: Don Weixl
Hiking Saddle Mountain, Photo: Bill Sones
Snowmobiling in the Kootenays, photo: Bill Regner
Plant Creek, Photo: Crystal Volansky
Boating on the Arrow Lakes, Photo: Bill Regner
Four Wheeling, Photo: Bill Regner
Chantarelles, Photo: Wikipedia
Summit Lake Tube Park, Photo: Eric Waterfield
Nakusp Farmers Market, Photo: Beth McLeod
Recreation Trail, Nakusp, Photo: Beth McLeod
Lobster mushroom, Photo Paul Noll
Halcyon Hot Springs, photo: Don Weixl
Many incredible recreation opportunities await you in Nakusp and Arrow Lakes, including:
- Two golf courses
- Commercial and natural Hot Springs
- Summer hiking, fishing, ATVing and horseback riding
- Winter snowmobiling, skiing (including heli-skiing and cat skiing), snowboarding and snowshoeing
- A vibrant Arts and Culture scene
For a more leisurely adventure, amble on the beautiful mountain and valley trails, lounge on one of the clean, sandy beaches, and check out the many stores and restaurants.
Check out a list of adventure and recreation providers in Nakusp and Arrow Lakes.
Nakusp hosts an Annual Slo-Pitch tournament on August long weekend.
Join us on July 1st in Nakusp, which starts with a Pancake Breakfast by the volunteer firefighters, a parade, and then a variety of activities at the community park such as kid’s races, games, a concession, and music in the gazebo. A fireworks show tops it all off just after dark. Come down to the waterfront for the best view.
Nakusp Celebration of Light
Follow the Santa Clause Parade to the park for an evening of caroling, children’s games, delicious food, contests and dancing.
Ongoing events in the summer include the ArtWalk in Nakusp, farmers’ markets in Nakusp, Burton and Edgewood, as well as Music In The Park every July and August Wednesday evening at the gazebo in Nakusp.
During winter the Arrow Lakes Ridge Riders host poker runs (on snowmobiles), one can try for “the big one” in a fishing derby or watch the races at the Summit Lake Ski Hill and Tube Park. The Arrow Lakes Arts Council hosts a series of fine cultural events such as pianists and plays between September and March.
- From paddling maps to trail maps and more, see what’s available in our maps and trails section
- Find out about the hot springs throughout Nakusp and Arrow Lakes
- Explore Arts and Culture, including museums, art exhibitions, and a year-round schedule of concerts and performances
- See the Geocaching listings for the area (or find out what Geocaching is!)
- Explore the West Koot Route.