By becoming a member of the Nakusp & District Chamber of Commerce, a business, non-profit organization or individual can benefit from the following:
- Free listing on the Chamber of Commerce website, including a link to your website
- Free brochure distribution in the Visitor Centre
- Network with other local business owners at Chamber of Commerce sponsored events and meetings
- Automatic participation in our Bursary Program: $5 from each membership fee goes towards a bursary, awarded each year to one or more Nakusp Secondary School graduating student(s) to assist with post-secondary education
- Automatic membership to the BC Chamber of Commerce, the “Voice of Business in BC” (see below)
- Free posting of business related events poster on Visitor Centre bulletin board
- Free listing of business related events on the online community calendar
- Free posting of your news on the website news
- Member only discounts on retail items and the printing/copying services offered at the Visitor Centre.
- Member newsletter: share your news and get updates on programs, funding, local events and more. Subscribe here.
View most recent newsletters here:
- 2019 Newsletter 11: Featuring MC Handyman Services
- 2019 Newsletter 10: Featuring Nakusp and Area Community Forest
- 2019 Newsletter 9: wrapping up the summer
- Advertise on the Chamber of Commerce website or ferry landing signage
- Brochure racking on the Shelter Bay and Needles Ferries
- Distribution of business information at distant trade shows and events
- Attend training at Chamber of Commerce sponsored workshops
Joining the Chamber
BC Chamber of Commerce
The BC Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization representing the interests and concerns of local Chambers of Commerce and corporate members from across the province.
In addition to constant advocacy work on its members behalf, by building partnerships and agreements with other organizations and businesses, the BC Chamber is able to provide a number of members-only benefits.
From a provincial voice of business to government, to group insurance, the BC Chamber helps its members focus on what’s really important to them – building successful businesses in British Columbia.
Partners & Benefit Providers
The BC Chamber of Commerce has many partnerships and benefit providers through which it is able to pass benefits and contacts on to its members:
- Better Business Content
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance
- Constant Contact
- Esso Imperial Oil
- First Data
- Hotel and Car Rental Discounts
- Jelly Academy
- Kubera Payments (formerly Versa Pay)
- Park ‘n Fly
- Petro Canada
- Spark Insurance
- Staples Advantage
Certificates of Origin & Other Certification
The BC Chamber of Commerce will issue Certificates of Origin and certify certain other documents. If you wish to take advantage of this service, your documents must first be notarized, and you will be required to provide the Chamber with a letter of waiver. Click here for more information and document templates.